Sunday, October 5, 2008

its been too long....

I need to quit feeling guilty and just record our lives when I can...so here it is:
I think it's been a bit over 5 months since I last wrote about our fam- here are the highlights-
MAY- me teaching part-time (quite nice), Ruby playing and helping and being an awesome big sis! Miles has now mastered farting noises- May 24- hang out with friends and Ruby continues her work on relating with friends, solving problems and taking care of herself! Fantastic job being a friend Ruby!
JUNE- 6.3.08: whole family went to OMSI with my class. My class had just completed a word study (morphology) regarding prefixes in latin and greek. I focused on dinosaurs and we broke apart those huge names to construct meaning. OMSI had a huge Chinese dinosaur exhibit so we connected that and all had a blast! Ruby was amazed at the sheer size of the skeletons. She also asked some great questions about the skin that would have covered the dinos- it's true, who really knows what color they were or how they really looked?
SCHOOL'S OUT and we've decided that I will take a year off next year when we move to p-town. WOW! Come back to that one later....P.s. the house is showing alot....but still showing.
SUMMER SOLSTICE 6.21.08 lots of family fun- we had solstice before the kids and I took off to Redmond and Jacob had a show (perhaps, maybe recording....its been a few months). ruby was so excited to see that the fairies had come. They brought art supplies, a handmade (by mom and dad) wooden ribbon dancer and various other treasures. We celebrated the sun together!
JULY- it's hard to show a house with 2 small children and show it frequently....but at least i'm not working and doing it anymore!
7.5.08- Classic Ruby musical brilliance! Adam Anderson has moved back to the west coast and payed us a quick visit. While outside with Ruby, she decided to play him a song. This is not unusual. Ruby lives in a musical....a spontaneous, improv-style musical, its cool and a bit weird, but "actually" (another word Ruby uses all the time) really awesome. She's got mad music skills, wonder where those came from? Back to the story- Ruby grabbed her guitar, spun it upside down (played it like an upside down upright bass) and out came this dirge style music...here are the lyrics (I ran inside and quickly started recorded her words on paper):
"I love lollipops. But I'm not allowed. Sneaking through the house, looking for lollipops. La la la da lollipops. Lollipops forever." LOVE IT! (this song became very popular in our house and lyrically she plays around with it a lot- lately, it's a wolf sneaking around for lollipops. OH, have I mentioned that Ruby is fascinated with wolves. yep.
7.11.08-Ruby and I love to read little critter books. They are great to use to learn how to read if you were wondering....On the back it shows covers of all the little critter books and she was looking at that and saw one where little critter is looking in the mirror and there is a monsterish little critter looking back and the book is titled, Just A Bad Dream. We briefly discuss this and use vocab like nightmare, bad dream etc... The next morning she awakes and tells me she has had a night mirror. I guess the mirror threw her off...I really wonder what she thinks a night mirror/mare is?!
Ruby is a stellar swimmer in her little guppy swim class- you stick a life jacket on that girl and she is fine with swimming out in the deep end all by her lonesome. Got to go on the waterslide a few times on the last day of class as well....loved it!
We sold the house! This couple who loves it and everything we have done to it is moving in at the end of July! wow!
Family Reunion 2008-

8 comments:

Lizzie said...

I miss your little ones. Ruby sounds like such a delight and the pictures of Miles on my Mom's blog are edible. So cute.

I hope things are going well for you guys up there. I saw some pics of your place and it looked really nice and I loved the way you'd decorated it.

Love you all!

Danielle said...

Love the update! I miss the kiddies as well. Sooooo cute. Love you!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

that was great!! I'm impressed you can remember all that! had a great time tonight! love you!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

finally- ok- i'm ready for the next one. And pictures??? thanks for posting! love the lollypop song- and wolves? where do they get this stuff from? And the night mirror- I can totally imagine it.

Megan and Greg said...

Fun! Doesn't matter how often you do this, is good to get what you get. Summer Solestice (i don't know if I spelled that right)- sounds fun. Fairies and everything, what a good idea! It was fun staying with you the last night in Oregon. Hope you're still loving the house, it was so beautiful. Be happy!

Megan and Greg said...

i've been screwing with blogs and passwords- the girls is megan jentzsch. i need to fix it

Lizzie said...

I just saw pics of Miles, on Mom's blog. Holy smokes, he is so chubby!!!! I love it. His cheeks must be so fun to kiss. Love you all!!!

Rebecca said...

You don't need to feel guilty. You just do the best you can. I'm finally catching up for the first time in who knows how long. Your class trip sounds amazing. Love you all.