Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Almost Summer 2009

June 3, 2009
I can choose to try to recap the last 8 months, but I don't think I could do it justice..so I instead will choose to release the guilty bad feeling and move forward-start in the NOW!
Miles is now almost 20 months old. He is a bright, energetic light....so funny, so expressive...so much fun. He is incredibly interested in basketball (has been for months; anything basketball related-he points, grunts, and excitedly yells, "Woah!, Wow!") He loves clouds, trees, and things that roll. He loves Ruby, so much it sometimes hurt (or looks as though it must since he chooses to wail on her...) He is also quite musical. He loves to dance, (hippy style if you ask me) and sing. He can always find a beat, whether it's in some middle eastern music playing softly in the background of an Indian restaurant or muzac at a grocery store.

Ruby, what can I say, I'm a bit bias, but Brilliant!!!! Ruby is a curious explorer. She is a creative thinker and doer. She is self reliant, bold and brave and I admire her greatly. We both know we are both teachers and learners, and it's been so much fun being at home with her this year! I am so blessed for the opportunity and I am honored to spend my time with such wonderfully amazing individuals!
Ruby enjoys kung fu lessons presently, going to the park, reading, playing with Miles, etc...

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Yay! I love your updates. Ruby and Miles will love reading these when they are older. They will feel so loved (I'm sure they already do, it will just be different I think). I smiled when you said Ruby likes KungFu lessons. I just remembered a high pitched sweet little voice talk about KungFu Panda saying things like, "And then the Kung Fu Masta...he..." and she was just so cute talking about that movie. Anyway- I hope you keep the updates coming! I love hearing about the kids and yourself- Love you!!!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Uhhhhh I almost fainted when I saw that you had posted! I miss you guys alot, when school is OUT- I plan to visit. I saw Crystal at Grandpa's birthdahy party and she said- "I love Jacob and Lyndsey they are the nicest people in teh world, I just love them so much, and Ruby is so smart! She is a genius" She could not say ENOUGH good things about all of you. And she was wearing your earings that are really cute! Speaking of.... I lost the mate to my earings you made me for my birthday- the red and black ones....- do you have any extras to make another? I need to wear backs on them, because this is the second time i have lost a mate. anyway- you didn't mention anything about the job- did you get it? I heard you did a great interview. And what school is Ruby going to in the Fall? I wonder if there might be some homeschooling in the future.....:) great to hear from you- WRITE MORE! love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh- and kung fu- as in- lessons? that is awesome! I can totally see it! Her in a little white jumpsuit saying "HEE-YAH!"

Megan and Greg said...

Isn't that amazing that Miles loves basketballs? I didn't know that! I mean, when has he ever been around them! It's just IN him! Crazy!!! He is so cute. I love seeing pics of him (on Mom's blog). I heard Ruby was in a Kung Fu class. I wanna see her moves!!!! We're coming home in 5 weeks, but we're flying into Medford. We wanted everyone to come to Mom and Dad's 'cause Greg doesn't have a lot of time to write his thesis. I hope you have time.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I have checked your blog off and on and missed this one! I am so glad you are blogging. Amen to the comments on the kids! They are fabulous and everything you said, can't wait to see them when all are well! love you!!