Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ruby's exciting news....

"I can do anything!" -Ruby Sophia Arnold
That's right, girl! Today, Ruby asked me to share with those of us who know and love her, that she has added another skill to her repertoire...
so, now, she's a reader, writer, kung-fu master (according to her, not her teacher yet), artist, scientist, treasure hunter, interpretive dancer, budding storyteller, almost doctor (she'll be one when she is 6),etc....and NOW (drum roll please): Shoelace tie-er!!!!!
Congrats Ruby!
P.S. Note to self and others-BEWARE! Try not to take a phone call when one of your children has found a vial of glitter. Bad idea. Glitter does not clean up easily, especially when your children (yes both got into it) use it on paper (without glue) and run laps around the living room holding the open vial- My guess, if unicorns threw up, it would like a spew of glitter-that's what my house looks like-unicorn vomit everywhere!

6 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Ha! That's cute. Congrats, Ruby!

Kristi M. said...

This is Don and Robin's oldest. Your kids are so cute. My little sister's now exhusband calls glitter the herpes of arts and crafts. The stuff never goes away. So true though.

Lizzie said...

Glitter. Wow, you'll be seeing that for months. Bummer. At least it's pretty, right?

Congrats Ruby!!!! I don't even think Tanner has tie shoes. He did on some loafers and he removed the ties so he could just slip them on.

Ruby is so awesome. Kung Fu Master is my favorite. = )

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Oh my gosh! I wish I had a magic secret for cleaning that up, but I don't and I'm guessing you will have glitter around for a LONG time. I remember Danielle and I got glitter out- and my dad said he found glitter on his suit at work- ha. That is awesome that Ruby can tie shoes!!!! And I love all of her talents, I can't wait to find out what she decides to go to college for and her future career. I wish you guyhs were feeling better- I want to see you guys!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Yea!! tell Ruby I am so proud of her for learning how to tie her shoes!!! Glitter! My favorite story is when Steve came home from work one day and said, "no more glitter!!!! I found some in one of my clients folders when I was talking to him!" I had a hard time not laughing and told him that I was really sorry and we would try harder not to get it everywhere, but it was just impossible to not use glitter. Good luck on getting it all up!!!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

Yea for Ruby!! Glitter, the uncontrollable art object that never goes away!!