Sunday, March 9, 2008

Ruby The Reader

It was March 6, 2008....Ruby is almost ready to go for our hike (the first with our new pack). She enters the living room and begins reading the several labels around the room. Recently when she was napping, I labeled the piano, her art table, the couch and clock so she could read them. She read them all and then she exclaimed: "I can read them all!" And then even more geniusly asked next, " Mom, can you hear the "r" in the middle or art?" Yes I can Ruby the reader, yes I can!

3 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

mOh my gosh! That is so cool that she asked you if you could hear the r in art! What a good idea to label things- that's what i did for spanish- I would have never thought to do that for a little kid learning to read. What a great idea! I'm so happy you're blogging- we all love it. I'm always checking to see if you guys have blogged!

Danielle said...

How awesome! She IS a genius. So cute too. I loved all the things that make miles smile:) I love your blogs! Keep it up!!!! I love you guys!!!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

That is so cool!!! That is such a good idea to label things. You are soooo clever!!!! Love you!